Sunday, April 13, 2008

Besides all of the house projects, we have had a FUN week too!

Monday--Joseph's b-day party (in West Jordan)--Way fun and the girls loved their Little Einstein bags and treats! The meat Matt made was delicious and the Rocket cake was adorable! I especially love that Joseph only wanted to invite Mariah if she would play nice with him--I think he has a lot to do with that consequence. The girls got Joseph a star wars storm trooper character. He was pretty excited, though he didn't know what it was. But James sure did and when I said that we had a hundred star wars characters at our house James stopped breathing for a minute! Josephs new Little Einsteins room was awesome--you did a great job Margaret!

Wednesday--James' b-day party (in Lehi)--Way fun again! Emily did a fun treasure hunt for items for their lunch (juice boxes, cheetos, fruit snacks, etc.). The Lightning McQueen cake was pretty awesome too! The girls got James a little star wars lego set. They made party hats and had a lot of fun playing together!

We went home only to hurry and pick up our new furniture--it took three loads and I had 5 minutes to get ready for Bec and James' Sealing before I had to pick up the babysitter. Fortunately police weren't around the roads I took and we made it to the temple with time to spare. The sealing was beautiful--I loved when they brought in Grace--and she was beautiful! The dinner afterward at Chiles was also a lot of fun--I love going out for dinner because you get so much time to visit because you spend so much time waiting!

Thursday--We showed the house to two people (reason for getting the new furniture the previous day). Then Aubrey and I had a picnic at our friends house--it was REALLY fun! We were going to meet at the park, but it was so cold that we went to her house, spread a blanket on the floor and ate there.

Friday--Shopping for organizational things for the house and for fabric to recover a kids couch from Grandma Hansen's childhood--it's going to look great (if I get it done!) Jon watched Mariah and Jonathan while Aubrey and I went shopping. It took way longer than we planned--Jon developed an incredible amount of empathy for stay-at-home moms!

4 comments:

Em said...

Hey thanks for the lego set, James takes it to bed with him...he loves it. and thanks for sending me those pictures, they are cuter than most of the ones I have. I am glad the kids had such a great time.

Becca said...

That party was fun, wasn't it? Way to go with getting everything done! You are pretty amazing. I was proud of myself for making dinner, cleaning the house, and taking care of baby successfully for the VERY first time since Grace was born. That was saturday. Today...I've been playing. :o)

Em said...

Hey time to update the blog missy!

Mary said...

Cute photos! I wish you all could come to Matthew's bday party on 31 May (it's a Saturday :))