Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bridal Veil Falls

Some of my friends, Emily and I have been having an "adventure/nature day" once a week. Yesterday we walked on the path up to Bridal Veil Falls. It was perfect for little kids! I haven't been up there in a long time, but the hike was short and pretty and the bottom of the falls is a great shallow place for kids to play in! The kids just had so much fun playing in the water--I got in to with Jonathan. There was no way he was going to just watch the other kids, but he is still a little wobbly on bumpy surfaces. The water was really cold, but you got used to it. It was really fun to see the kids walking together up the trail and talking with each other. It was fun to watch them play in the water and climb on rocks. After playing in the water for about an hour we hiked back down to the picnic area and had lunch. The kids loved that too and hiked around the area while we ate and visited. It was a really fun morning!

4 comments:

Becca said...

hey punk! I wanted to come with you when you did that! I'm not mad at you, how could I ever be? BUT I AM SO MAD AT YOU! ;o) jk, but really next time you go some place sweet like this you have to call me. I need to take pictures!!!!

John said...

That sounds fun!




Kate

John said...

That must of been really fun. Man.! I wish I was there. --Ruth

Becca said...

Amy I don't know how else to say this but...it's time for a new post.. :o) love ya!