Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Celebration


Friday, March 21, 2008--Easter Celebration

This morning Aubrey, Mariah, and myself met at the park for an Easter Egg hunt with ward friends and neighbors. Each child brought a dozen eggs, and while the kids played on the park, the parents hid the eggs around. Then all of the kids got to find a dozen eggs. It was really fun--lots of kids were there and they were all so excited. Aubrey enjoyed playing with some friends under a big pine tree--they were "making a garden"--unfortunately they had dirt all around their lips--I think they decided to take some samples of the garden.

After the park, we went to Grandma Robertson's for an Easter afternoon with their cousins. We had lots of candy, we colored eggs, made bunny ear hats, and had an egg hunt outside! I was really suprised how much the kids, especially Aubrey, James, and Joseph, loved dyeing the eggs! It was fun to show them different techniques and see them get excited! Their bunny ears were adorable! Emily shared the idea and brought the bunny ear hats ready to assemble--the kids colored them and glued cotton balls on the them. They were just the cutest thing ever! The kids, of course, loved the Easter Eggs hunt. It was just an exciting, full of fun day! The pictures of the kids wearing their bunny ears was taken on Sunday morning so their morning looks and bunny ears are a little in distress. But they look cute anyway!


Grandma Robertson made these cute carrot candy holders and filled them with m&m's. The kids each got a basket and tons of candy, a homemade card, and the cute "carrot".


8 comments:

James said...

That sounds really fun! I wish Henry and Wes could have been there too. Maybe one of these next holidays we'll get there. Thanks for the update.

Em said...

That was fun, I was also surprised at how much the kids loved dying the eggs. It was a really fun day. James loved the Carrot from Gma. Those were super cute.

Judy said...

It was a great day. It would be really fun if all the grandkids could come.

Mary said...

Well, my girls' birthdays are past, Easter morning came and went and now I can relax a bit and check out your blog!

Good job! The kids really do love dying eggs and finding them the next morning. Last night I had 8 eggs for each kid to do and before Emma had started decorating her second, Robert had already dyed 12! Matthew dyed his and then we re-dyed them to keep him happy.

Heather said...

So cute!! I love these pictures of your kids... thanks for inviting me! :)

Becca said...

I even enjoyed the party -- and my kid wasn't doing anything. However, she did find one egg, even if she didn't dye any. :o) haha.

Becca said...

by the way...I was struck yet again at how GORGEOUS your family pictures are when I Was looking at them just now on MOm's wall. sheesh. so beautiful!

Becca said...

hey! how in the heck did you make your blog look like this? it's awesome! I love it. hmmm....maybe instead of cleaning my house I will play with my blog. :o) haha. Unfortunately we still have clean checks...and they are tomorrow so I better not procrastinate this time. But I do LOVE your blog. How cute cute cute!