Thursday, March 27, 2008

Aubrey--testing her dad's OCB



Yes, it is usually called OCD, but in our family we call it OCB because it is not a disorder, it is a behavior--just how we are. Jon loves his DVDs. He has them in a certain order on the shelf. He notices when there is one missing or moved. I always tease him about this and I guess Aubrey caught on because yesterday Jon noticed a DVD was in the "wrong place". He moved it back, wondering who moved it--blaming me, who was innocent entirely in this case. Well, later on he noticed it was moved again. He blamed me because he thought it was too high for the kids to reach. Aubrey started giggling and much to our surprise, she confessed that it was her! We were so surprised that she had thought up this scheme herself that we all just started laughing, much to her delight!

5 comments:

Em said...

That is hilarious, I can totally picture Aubrey doing that too. Kids are funny.

Becca said...

sooo funny! how cute! you better keep your eye on that one. eventually she'll be moving credit cards and let mom take the blame for the $100 purchase.

John said...

It is fun when your kids find your weaknesses and exploit them for a joke. Kate is good at doing that to John and also mimicking his sense of humor to annoy him. I love it. But I have not been the victim yet either.

Diana said...

ok- that is too cute. That is what I am waiting for with MJ (Madeline).

Heather said...

That is SO funny. What a cutie- totally insightful of her... almost scary eh. :)