Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 2011

Mariah having a little party with her toys while I was weeding in the front flowerbed.

Amelia helping me weed in the front flowerbed.  She really did bend over and move her hand in the motion I was as if she was weeding too.  It was really cute.

Jonathan & Aubrey playing with their duplo lego guns that they made.  They get pretty creative!

Aubrey building a structure with these sticks.  It's pretty amazing actually.  They are all balanced against each other.

Aubrey's first day of 2nd grade!  I sewed on a letter "A" to help distinguish hers from other kids (since it was the Target sale generic backpack, I figured there would be others just like it at school).  She really liked the "A" on it too!

Mariah's first day of first grade.  She did not want a letter on her backpack--but she may change her mind and decide she wants to personalize hers' a little.

Amelia loves to watch her siblings playing outside.  She squeals and hits the glass and gets so excited watching them!

Jonathan's first morning with his sisters both gone to school.  Dad got out the Star Wars toys for him to play with.  He wanted to take a picture and he actually did take this picture.
Sorry for the side-ways pictures!  I turned them before putting them on my blog, but they turn back.  I am not sure how to turn them on the blog.

Aubrey and Mariah are both enjoying school, though Mariah isn't enjoying that it is all day long.  Her favorite part of school is recess!  Aubrey doesn't have a favorite part--she enjoys it all except for Math (ironic since she is so good at math).

It is different to just have Jonathan and Amelia home during the day, but nice too.  I am glad the girls get out early on Fridays.  I wish school ended just an hour earlier so we had more time together on regular days.  I try to utilize the time they are home and do some fun things or have them participate in what I am doing (like making dinner).  I can't believe how busy I am each day and how quickly time flies.

Some of the cute, sweet, or funny things kids said this week:

Jonathan, "Mom, why do you kiss dad?"

Aubrey put me down on her paper as the person she most admires.

Amelia started clapping a lot and waving.  She also plays with Dad's Star Trek ships and makes cute sounds as she plays (he has been teaching her of course).

Aubrey and I learned how to play "clue" for our special time this week.  That was fun.  I was surprised that she caught on.  We tried to show Jonathan and Mariah but they didn't really get it.

Jonathan and I made cookies together that were super yummy!  He is getting better at cracking the eggs.

Mariah is an amazing helper with Amelia.  She plays very well with her and completely adores her.

Amelia can go down the stairs very good now.  She was so excited the first time and we all clapped and cheered for her.  It was so adorable.

All of my kids are really good kids and I enjoy being their mom and doing things with them.

1 comment:

John said...

Your kids are really cute!