Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playing "Princess"

Um so my kids are pretty darn creative and they have a lot of fun together.  I want them to be best friends, and I think they really are--most of the time anyway.  I don't like having too much "friend" influence in my home--possibly a bad thing, but I like my kids to have fun together.  They do have friends at school, but I really only like friends to come over one day a week--the rest of the little time we have after school is not for friends to continue to influence my children--since they have already been with them at school for about 8 hours--another thing I really hate.  Hmmm--homeschooling--hmmm--thought about it many times, but don't think I could really do it without it being detrimental to my children's education and social skills and possibly my sanity (I don't like them gone all day, but some of the day is nice).

Okay, so off my little soap box and back to my post.  The kids were playing "princess" and of course, Jonathan is always a "prince" or Robin Hood or something like that when they play those kind of things.  There really are mostly girl dress ups--which we have actually been collecting some more boy-type dress up things, which Jonathan loves of course, and of course, his Darth Vader costume is one of those things.  So while playing princess, the girls convinced Jonathan that it would be fun to dress him up as a princess and Mariah as the Prince.  Aubrey is extremely talented when it comes to art and creativity.  I love the hair she came up with!!

Well, all I have to say is that it really was pretty darn funny!!  The truth is, I had forgotten this had happened (they had played this quite a while ago) until I was going through my pictures the other day and came across these.  I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants.  Needless to say, I knew I had to post them!

3 comments:

rozanny said...

Way cute!

family said...

I LOVE it!

Em said...

That really is cute. You need to post more often, so we can stay in touch a little better!